Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 31, 2012

Prom Bombing

Well, I'm unsure if it's the weather, the unending list of things I have to complete in a given day, or the fact that I have absolutely NO time to care how I look; but, I have been LIVING in my jeans lately.  No, really.  I had to stop myself from buying a pair of "pajama jeans" while at the checkout at Walmart the other day.  A decision that I am sadly regretting right about now. 

Anywho, when having to decide what to wear to Little Guy's "Meet the Teacher" night at his new school, there was no question...jeans and a top.  Enter this little ditty:
 Prom bomb, bridesmaid dress, or something in between?  All I was sure of was that while the color was fantastic, the stretch satin was sooo not flattering, and a little too formal for everyday wear.  I loved the ruched detailing though, and thought a quick fix would do this dress justice.
 The fit up top was a bit baggy so I seam ripped the straps at the back,
 and marked about 1 inch from the original seam.  I placed the straps back into place and stitched.
I measure about 5 1/2 inches from the end of the ruched detailing and snip.
 Then folded in the new hem twice and stitched...zig-zag style.
 Finished product with my favorite (okay, one of my favorite) pairs of jeans, just in time to "Meet the Teacher."
But first...a little Fatburger and chocolate milk shake for the Little Guy.

Toodle,

lori

2 comments:

Cucicucicoo said...

fantastic job salvaging the dress! love the top! :) lisa

Courtney said...

Love this, you're doing things with a needle that I'd like to do, but haven't gotten around to doing! I'm impressed with your refashioning skills!

Post a Comment